The book signing was for her book Summer and the City. I haven’t read it, but I brought my SATC book to get signed. I’m happy that my little sister could go with me too!
During the Q&A I asked how she felt about Carrie marrying Big in the movie seeing that in her book she had them splitting up. She told me that it was the viewers’ choice and that we wanted Carrie to end up with Big! Candace asked the audience if she was right and many women nodded! I was shocked. I was not a fan of Big and Carrie being together. When they married in SATC movie I was devastated. It’s not that I wanted her to stay single – he was just a jerk! I also think that Carrie was a little dramatic in the show, but that’s another story.
I especially liked this section from Candace’s introduction of Sex and the City:
…Mr. Big – a man who doesn’t really exist. If you read closely, you’ll discover that even Mr. Big himself points out that he is a fantasy in Carrie’s imagination, and that you can’t love a fantasy.
I was a little disappointed by the number of audience members. I would think that with the event being held in NYC, more people would attend. Plus I'm sure there are many SATC fans in the city. It's sad how few people support authors. I bet if Sarah Jessica Parker also attended the signing with Candace Bushnell there would have been more people.
Fabulously Yours,
Ariane Michelle





No comments:
Post a Comment