All of my running friends know that I poop A LOT and I'm very open about it (obviously). I don't talk about it in detail, but when I gotta go, I gotta go! I recently started running pretty regularly every morning. I decided after graduating last year that I needed to take a break. I’ve been running every week since I was 9, so I thought my body might need a rest. Being a college athlete is pretty hard on your body. So I’ve been running daily and noticed that I poop more. I didn’t think much about it before, but I can tell that it has an effect on your digestive system. I also know that running is great for your digestive system – no constipation! I’m not complaining!
Below I’ve posted an article on the topic and listed my favorite response from a forum. Someone asked why they have to poop during runs.
Article:
Forum:
Jack Deez: “Because you are full of shizzle. Fa Shizzle. Try not eating so much bacon grizzle. Next time, keep your deuce dropin' on the down low. Fo sho!” (Voted good)
While running in high school and college, it was natural to use the woods as our restroom. We’d just run to the bushes or behind a tree and squat - to pee, not poop! This was mostly the case when we went on our long runs or workouts. Our long runs were usually 9+ miles, so that’s about an hour of non-stop running. It was best to take care of business beforehand. Although, sometimes I usually would have to cut my runs short...
I guess I should be ashamed of this, but like the article says, “suffering is the sole origin of consciousness.”
Do any of my fellow runners experience this problem? You’re not running enough if you’re not!
Fabulously yours,
Ariane Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment