Fab Posts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Naturally Fabulous - My 23rd Birthday

My birthday week was pretty awesome. The fun began on Monday...

Some friends took me to Bone Lick Park for margaritas and mojitos to celebrate my new job and birthday. It was great. I really like this place because their drinks are $3.50 and they're also known for their bbq. I LOVE bbq (and margaritas)!

My birthday dinner was Wednesday night with some of my favorite girls in Harlem! I met up with a girlfriend and my sister at Shrine for drinks. The men there were gorgeous, so we'll be sure to go back! We went to Red Rooster - it was delicious! Obama was there in early March. I got the catfish and 2 side orders of corn bread and honey butter- it was amazing! I stayed at my sister's apartment and slept like a baby...

On Thursday (my actual birthday) my sister made homemade waffles (with buttermilk) and bacon! She's such a great cook, everything was delicious. After work I went back to my sister's apartment to meet her and my sister-in-law and they greeted me with a yummy cake! I felt loved.

I asked a few friends to go out with me Thursday night, however only two came. It's funny because after I posted on FB and Twitter about our crazy night, a couple of my friends apologized for not even responding to my email and wished that they would have gone.

We went to the Bubble Bar for drinks and to watch the live burlesque show! It was very entertaining.


After the show no one was really dancing so we decided to make some moves.  Since Nnenna (my sis in law) isn't 21, our choices were limited. We ended up going to Webster Hall since it was ladies' night and we could get in for free. This place always has dancing, but it's a win or lose type of place. Tonight was definitely a win.

When we walked in, I was so confused because on the big dance floor (they have 3 floors) everyone was standing still looking at a stage. I was like, "I just wanna shake my bootay!" Soon some DJ came out with a multitude of other random people and they started playing some booty shakin music. I was happy at last. Little did I know that this was DJ Prostyle's birthday party. He came on stage and of course I looked at my girls and asked who he was :-/ They answered me, but looked at me like I was crazy for not knowing lol. 

So he came out and started talking about his birthday and said, "We got Ciara in the house!" and we looked over and there she was was dancing with Amare Stoudemire! I was so confused! I had no idea who this DJ Prolisticness (lol) was and there's Ciara and Amare chillin like it's no biggie. THEN I look over and Jermih and J Cole are there too! I was just happy that I was having a great birthday! So a few people performed including Sean Paul and right when I thought it couldn't get any better, P. Diddy comes out singing All About the Benjamins. I started screaming like a mad woman! I couldn't believe it! I was just trying to find a place with bootay shakin and here I was with my girls shakin my bootay with celebrities like it was nothin! I still don't understand how/why that all happened. 

 


We were there until 3:30. We decided to leave since we wanted to watch the Royal Wedding :)

I didn't sleep that night, but I did go to work the next day. It was tough, but SO worth it! I went out that night (yah, I'm insane) to celebrate my friend's birthday party. We share the same birthday and we both are UVA 2010 graduates! That was fun, but I think I was hallucinating from the lack of sleep lol.

Saturday night was the best. My favorite NYC nightclub is Marquee. I used to go here with my friend who was recently drafted to the Toronto soccer team. Since I've been so many times, I was able to get some friends in for free and we had bottle service all night! We ran into some Chargers player and Landry Fields from the Knicks. I was standing next to Landry and my guy friend asked me if I knew who I was standing next to. I was said, "No, but does he know who he's standing next to??" I seem to be oblivious when famous people are standing right next to me...

They're both in this pic. That Chargers guy decided it was best to dance on the table.


That night was pretty epic. We danced until 4am and like every night when I'm there and the lights came on I was oh so sad that it had to end. But I know I'll be back! 

SN: Apparently I danced with this guy and never got his number. I'm in love with his adam's apple. 


He's hot. 

So that's how I celebrated my birthday in NYC. I already told you about Vegas birthday adventure and this is pretty fabulous as well. 

When I first started this blog, I was worried that I couldn't live up to the name - Fabulously Yours. After recent events with my career, social life and family I've realized that I don't even have to try!

It comes naturally.

Fabulously Yours, 
Ariane Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I lovvvve it. I wish I came to marquee

kendra said...

i agree with anonymous 100%!

Lauren said...

haha, ariane i love this post. "I'm in love with his adam's apple."

Fabulously Yours, Ariane Michelle said...

Thanksss! It was pretty awesome (and so is his adam's apple)