Fab Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What happens in Vegas...

I thoroughly enjoyed myself in Vegas with my girls and we’ve already started planning the next trip this September! I’m sitting on the plane back to NYC and hopefully I can give a nice recap of our many adventures! However, I’ll have to gloss over a few details since this blog is public. Although Sin City was a blast, some things shouldn’t be discussed…

Thursday:

I arrived in LA around 10pm and Miriam took me to In-n-Out Burger! It was amazing. I still think that Shake Shack has the best burgers, fries and shakes, but In-n-Out was pretty awesome as well!



Friday (10am-6:30am):

We planned on leaving for Vegas by 1pm after some sightseeing and shopping. Miriam’s a great tour guide! We went to a yummy brunch spot and I got raspberry and banana French toast with whipped cream! It was scrumptious ☺



Off to Hollywood we went! It was pretty neat to be there knowing that celebrities were once there too!



Honestly though, I imagined that it would’ve been a little more glamorous. Nonetheless, it was pretty cool. We went shopping in Hollywood then continued to shop on Mellrose. It reminded me of South Beach Miami. After that we left for Vegas!



We made it to our hotel (The Flamingo) around 6:30pm and Valerie made it by 7pm. I was so excited to have two great friends in Vegas with me! I haven’t seen them since 2009! We all thought that we should take a nap, but after seeing our view from the hotel, we had to get the night started!



We got dolled up and got dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse. It was very tasty! By the time we left, it was time to hit up the clubs. I knew that we had to go to JET at least once while we were there – I heard it was hot! But we ended up going to Crown instead – JET had to wait till Saturday night.
Crown was fun and interesting. Most girls there were pretty…chubby. We were so confused. You know how sometimes there might be some chunky girls here and there at the club? Yah, well this club was primarily big girls. After much frustration and confusion we found a guy sitting at a table dancing alone in VIP (yes, strange).



So we used this to our advantage. We were quickly invited to join his table. He had a friend and while they were both interesting creatures, we had fun dancing. Later on that night, we were asked to leave because we didn’t have wristbands on. We soon found out that some girls who were starring us down snitched on us. Although whenever I’ve been invited to join a table it doesn’t matter if you have a wristband on or not. We took this as our queue to head out.

Later that night, Miriam and I went out and played some games! We sat at a fun table with some guys from LA. For the weekend, my name was Aurora, Miriam’s was Nicole and Val’s was Michelle. We just switched middle names. I hit blackjack and one of the guys said, “Way to go Aurora!” I was confused for a moment, and then realized he was speaking to me. Lol!  The same thing happened to Miriam! She lost a hand and one guy said, “There goes your breakfast, Nicole.” It was SO funny because it took her awhile to realize he was speaking to her. Her delayed reaction was priceless! Throughout the weekend we couldn’t stop saying these phrases to each other!

Saturday (9am-6:30am)

I think this was the best day of the trip! We went to Serendipity for Brunch and got a free large Frozen Hot Chocolate since we were celebrating my birthday! We also got a few free drinks from the cute bartenders ☺ The food was so good! I’d never been there before! I’ll definitely have to hit up the one in NYC. We checked out of the fabulous Flamingo hotel and moved on to the P-P-P Polo Towers - THE HOTTEST POOL ON THE STRIP! Hahaha! That’s an insider (you have to say it in a ghetto fabulous voice).



This hotel was amazing! It’s actually a condo, but they rent out rooms like a hotel. We had real nice appliances in the kitchen, living room and bedroom. And they had a fabulous rooftop pool! Val took a nap while Miriam and I went shopping at the Miracle Mile center! 

As soon as we got back Val was ready to go out! We decided before heading out that we should have a party in our room later – it was necessary.

On our way out, we met some smexy British boys staying at our hotel. We got their numbers and called a cab to the Mirage for our dinner reservations. This restaurant was pretty hot. We got a cute little booth and made friends with our waiter! He ordered a yummy chocolate birthday cake!


We tore it up in a matter of seconds.



He started flirting with us and gave us his number to meet up later. Miriam soon pointed out that he had a wedding ring on…SMH.

We made our way to JET inside the Mirage and the line was crazy long. I’m actually blanking on how we got inside of JET (I could only imagine why), but we didn’t pay.  We also got free drink tickets, which was nice! This club was poppin! At one point, I think we all were separated with different guys. We started out at one table, then I left because their girl decided to purposefully spill a drink on me. She tried to fight me so I left. We found out later that she was a stripper…

I found a group of guys celebrating their boy’s 30th birthday! He was pretty smexy, so I stayed there. Val and Miriam found me and we all hung out together for the rest of the night.  Somehow we all got split up again and Val told us to meet her out front because a guy (Brandon) called us a limo to our next spot.

(Brandon's the white boy)

Seriously though, who goes to Vegas for the first time and gets hooked up with a limo?! We do – because we’re fabulous!

Because of the circumstances of our moves for the rest of the night, I’m going to say that the night stopped here. All I’ll say is that the best part of Saturday night started after we got in the limo…

Sunday:

This day was fun because we were all reminiscing about the night before. It felt like a typical fabulous night in Vegas because we saw the sunrise.  We dedicated Chris Brown’s - No BS to Saturday night cause we went hard. We woke up pretty late around 1pm on Sunday. Well, I woke up around 11am, but I felt like we all needed the rest, so I didn’t wake anyone. It was Val’s last night and she came running in on our bed telling us to get up because we were wasting her day away lol! I agreed, so we all got up and went sightseeing. We got some yummy sparkling cupcakes, got drinks from Paris Paris and bought some souvenirs! We had our last meal, a $7 steak dinner, with Val at Ellis Island. It was sad to see her go…

Later that night Miriam and I went to the Bellagio to see the fountain display! It was beautiful.



The song took us back to Mr. Steven’s 7th grade music class so we sang/danced to this when we got back to the hotel.



Crack is a helluva drug! LOL!

After that we realized we were running late to the club. We had met a Filipino guy who promised to get us into Vanity at Hard Rock Hotel as long as we got there by midnight. We made it just in time! This is the club where the Real World Las Vegas cast often went to, so I was pretty pumped. It was a pretty spiffy club and mostly all the guys were hot. They were a little too pretentious though. Some were fun and danced, but only a few. Miriam and I found a VIP table and stayed with them. The table of guys were celebrating Miguel’s birthday lol. I like how I’m using his name.



Anyway, I told them that my birthday was the day before and they went crazy! Haha!  LIES. We went to the restroom and it was fabulous! I wanted it to be my room! When you first walked in it was pink, so of course I loved that. And the restrooms were hidden. I was so thrown off.  We decided to leave Vanity after that. I think it was because we knew nothing could top off the night before…

Monday:

Miriam left around 1pm and it was sad. I’m so happy that she came though! The rest of the day I slept, laid out at the rooftop pool and walked around Vegas.

Tuesday:

This was my last day so I walked around to MGM and saw the lions, bought some souvenirs and cashed in my chips.

Vegas was the best! I highly recommend it to everyone. Before going to Vegas, I was afraid of what people would think of me – especially my parents! Although now looking back on my trip, I think my parents should go!! LOL! They’d probably highly disagree, but I could see them enjoying it in their own special way. Probably not at all like my experience, but they would haha!   

On Tuesday, one of the last places I went to was New York New York. It made me miss the city. 

Although Las Vegas is fabulous, it doesn’t touch my fabulous NYC.



Fabulously yours,

Ariane Michelle