Fab Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cheers to 23!




I LOVE birthdays and I’m sure that this is somehow related to my love of babies. I believe that life is a miracle. From hearing stories of people losing or even taking their lives, I know that it is so very precious.

I was a miracle baby and I’m going to write a blog post on the details soon! Ever since I was little, my mommy would always tell my birth story. To make her long story short, I’ll give you a quick snippet here.

My mom had my older sister Quiana when she was 23 (!!! I’m 23) and tried to have another child, but it took her 8 years until she was successful and had me! My parents and Quiana were so excited, but I had a few issues during birth. I was unconscious, my collarbone was broken and I had a cracked skull. While I used to make fun of the crack in my skull, the seriousness of the story was so real. My mom often describes the nerve wrecking nights at home while I was in the incubator concerned that it would cut off or I would stop breathing.

Just this year, I started thinking about this story and wanted to hear it in more detail so I asked my mom to describe it to me. It actually brought me to tears. After having me, my parents then had my little sister, Lauren (21) and younger brother, Michael (19). Everyday is so precious and to see another year, makes me so excited that I could dance. So I do. Tonight actually and all weekend J

This past year…

I recently got a new job that I am VERY excited about! I’ll be working as a media specialist for an entertainment public relations firm! I know - so cool! I was looking for a job since April 13 and got one within a matter of weeks! I felt so blessed beyond words! I’m still very overwhelmed by God’s blessing with this job. He moves so quickly, it’s amazing!

Around this time last year I was racing at our ACC Track and Field Championships at Clemson. I raced the prelim of the 800 and had an awesome race scoring the next day in the final race! That same day I also found out that I got a job in NYC! I was in heaven. It’s such a coincidence because the day that I got THE call this year was the same day as this year’s 800 prelim at ACCs. I wonder if that means something… Either way, I think April is MY month J

I’m working at a temp job this week at an investment bank (the men are gorgeous btw!!!) and I start my new job next week.

Celebrating birthdays is a must! There’s no such thing as overdoing it. They only come once a year and the fact that you’re here to see another day is a reason to give thanks and celebrate!

I want to thank all my friends and family who made this month beyond fabulous! From celebrating in Vegas, dinner at Red Rooster, lovely birthday cards, songs and even a birthday breakfast - you've made me feel very loved. The celebration continues until the end of the month.

As it should.

Fabulously yours,
Ariane Michelle






No comments: