In August 2012, I started working as a freelance publicist after realizing the corporate world just wasn't cutting it -- at least in my industry. What most people don't know is that in August, I also started working as a full-time nanny as a steady job until I got settled into the freelance business.
On Thursday of this past week I ended my nanny job because I'm at a place where I can solely focus on my PR career as a freelance publicist! This is such a huge step for me and I get a little nervous thinking about it, but I'm very excited at the same time. I now have a steady amount of clients and have also brought on a few interns to help me along the way. My journey working only as a freelance publicist starts tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to have much more time to devote to something that I love!
I'm so thankful for the people in my life who've encouraged me and helped me stay strong through the many times when I thought I might be making the wrong decision. I mostly want to thank my older sister though, Quiana who is also a freelancer and blogger. My younger sister, Lauren has been extremely helpful creating my website which is still in the works! It's great to have sisters who are so encouraging while providing practical advice as well. We all strongly believe that there's no use wasting time doing something that you don't love.
I'll continue to keep you updated on my progress and experiences pursuing this dream!
Fabulously yours,
Ariane
www.arianepr.com
3 comments:
I am very happy for you!!! Miss you boo!!! :)
Thanks, Rashawnda! I miss you too!
Post a Comment