This guy took me on a date a few weeks ago and initially wanted to take me to a swanky restaurant in the village. On the day of our date, I didn't hear from him all day confirming the date. Yes, I'm a bit anal when it comes to these things. I just assumed that all guys check in confirming that the date is still on, but I guess not for this kid. He called 30 minutes before picking me up saying that he was on his way. I should have taken this as a warning to what I was getting myself into...
It was raining pretty hard that night and he picked me up at my apartment. I assumed that he would open the door for me, but he didn't. I struggled to get in the car and my hair got wet. He said that he wanted to take me to a different restaurant since it was so bad outside, so he decided to take me to a Senegalese restaurant (he's Senegalese). I'm not a picky eater so this wasn't a big deal for me. Although, I think cultural dinners should be saved for date 4 or 5.
On the way to the restaurant he jumped right into the question and answer game! He asked me about my last relationship, including why we broke up, what kind of guy he was and other questions that were way too personal for the first date. He then let me know that he was recently divorced and started talking to me about his ex-wife, sometimes even referring to her as his wife!!! He told me that his ex-wife was really annoying and didn't approve of his friends and asked me if I'm an annoying girlfriend...
At that moment I should asked for him to take me back home :-/
We got to the restaurant and instead of dropping me off at the door (remember, it's raining) he parked 2 blocks from the place and didn't even bother to open the door for me. I'm not trying to knock his culture, but this Senegalese restaurant was like a take-out Chinese restaurant with the option to sit - very small and informal. I'm literally shaking my head while writing this lol. I really can't remember what we talked about, so it obviously wasn't intriguing.
We left and he insisted that we grab drinks and I looked at my watch and said I should get to bed for work in the morning. So he took me home and I laughed myself to sleep.
This is the best part.
The next morning he followed up and said some stuff about how beautiful I am and how he can't wait to see me again...HA! I said thanks for the compliment, but I don't think it will work out. He said that he's disappointed and wanted to know if it was because he's Muslim and doesn't celebrate Christmas.
Note: During our date he told me that he doesn't celebrate Christmas and is Muslim. I'm Christian...
So I replied with, "Yes that's it." And this was his AMAZING response that ended the conversation:
"I believe in the same God u believe, believe in Jesus. Matter of fact my name means Jesus, dats kinda messed up dat I can't date u becuz I'm muslim n u based on that to say. U don't think its gonna work I don't think dats fair. i never had a chance to prove myself u shot me down cuz of my beliefs n I really like u, u should've ask me that when we met since it is so important to u. Ariane I could make u happy if u let me. I miss u."
He doesn't even know me!! I miss you?? I really like you??? And what's up with the "dats" I hate it!! Not attractive at all.
UGH. So that's my worst dating story yet. I laugh everytime my friends bring it up. Usually saying something along the lines of "remember your date with Jesus."
This one will hopefully be the worst date...ever lol.
PS- the food was okay.
Fabulously Yours,
Ariane Michelle
3 comments:
Absolutely loved this. I think you should blog about your dates more often :)
ARIANE! This is too too much. I remember when you vaguely mentioned this. Oh LAWD! This part had me rollin: "Although, I think cultural dinners should be saved for date 4 or 5." I definitely think you need to blog more. I smell a sitcom . . .
haha I'm glad that you both enjoyed this post! Although I don't think I'll blog about another date unless it's needed.
Not sure about the sitcom, but I do need to blog about my experiences more often :)
Post a Comment