Fab Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2011

No One Compares to Daddy

Lately, I've been talking to my sisters about how I compare guys to our daddy and they told me that they do the same! My older sister is married and I can see how he's similar to my dad. I'm realizing that it's not a good idea to cut guys off if they're not like my dad since he's so perfect. Let me explain...

Mommy, Daddy, Quiana, Me, Lauren, Cousin Jonathan and Michael 

Ever since I can remember my dad always gave us our nightly baths and read Bible stories before bed. I honestly can't remember one time that my mom gave us a bath. It was a special time with our daddy. Me, my little brother and little sister would take a bath together then find our spot next to our dad for story time. We'd then all say a little prayer then my dad would finish it and tuck us in. I didn't think much about it when I was young, but I know that I want my kids to experience the same thing. On Sundays he'd make sure that we were up early for church and would make a grand breakfast. I loved Sunday mornings...

I was always the touchy feely emotional child in the family, so I often got jealous of my mom when they would dance around the house. I'd grab onto my dads legs (probably trying to get him away from my mom - ha!) and sit on his feet while he danced with her. And I also remember catching them kissing and hugging around the house when I was little. It was apparent to me at a young age that he loved and cared for my mommy. I want that kind of love.

He's also VERY social! He can strike up a conversation anywhere with anyone, even if they look crazy. I remember always asking him if he knew the person that he was talking to and he never did! I've run into so many people who notice that I'm his daughter (bc we look so much alike) and they always have such kind things to say about him. He's such an unselfish person and very caring.

My daddy is also a neat freak. He used to get so upset if the house wasn't clean and was really big on mopping the floors and ironing (with starch). He took great pride in his mopping skills. He was pretty good if I might say so myself. The one thing that I really appreciated was his cooking! He baked and cooked more than my mom and everything he made was amazing! He's best known for his pizza and rolls especially his cinnamon rolls. I hope that I find someone who can cook and bake like him.

After the best race of my college running career

Now that I'm older and I've started to look for that special someone, I've realized that I'm looking for someone like daddy. Don't get me wrong, some things about him can be annoying, but for the most part I know that I need someone like him. I still sit on his lap now and we have long talks about what I'm looking for and I often tell him how hard it is to find someone like him. He made it awfully hard for any guy trying to win me over. My sister and I think it has something to do with his relationship with his younger twin sisters. He was very protective of them from the stories that my aunt tells me. She says that he was very loving and caring towards them.



He's been married to my mom for 33 years and they're still cute and happy together -- dancing around the house. I'm looking forward to finding someone who can come close to my daddy.

I'm sure that I will...

Fabulously Yours,
Ariane Michelle

1 comment:

Chi-Chi said...

So sweet!!! Daddies are the best!!